Today’s global marketplace has created a mobile workforce that attracts talent from all over the world. American companies routinely recruit highly skilled workers from around the world, and foreign-owned companies with U.S. operations also rely heavily on employment visas to meet staffing needs. The fast pace of commerce and the intense competitiveness across industries demand that immigration matters be handled swiftly and accurately. Because companies cannot afford to retrace their steps in order to fix mistakes, it is critical to work with an immigration law firm that has the experience, resources and knowledge necessary to resolve your needs from beginning to end.
C.T. Lee & Associates in New York City, provides high-quality and cost-effective legal representation. Our team of New York immigration attorneys, led by founder Corey T. Lee, has represented a broad range of U.S. international and multinational businesses, universities and nonprofit organizations, as well as other organizations that employ foreign nationals.
Every business brings unique circumstances to the table that require careful analysis. A one-size-fits-all approach will not work. That is why we are committed to learning the details of each client’s situation before developing an immigration strategy that will best accomplish their goals.
At the same time, we understand that remaining competitive in today’s business world requires careful attention to cost control. We join our clients’ efforts in this regard and review every option before selecting the strategy that makes the most sense.
We assist clients with the full spectrum of business and employment-based immigration, including:
– H-1B work visas for specialty occupations — A temporary work visa for nonimmigrant workers in specialty occupations that require a higher educational degree. Foreign-born workers under the program can typically be employed for three years by a sponsor company and renew their visas once for an additional three-year period.
– L-1 visas for specialty employees — May be obtained by executives, managers or specialized employees who are transferred to a U.S. branch or affiliate of an existing foreign company.
– O-1 visas regarding extraordinary achievement — Reserved for scientists, researchers, artists, athletes and professors who have demonstrated a record of extraordinary ability or extraordinary achievement.
– EB-1 green cards — May be obtained by anyone who has an extraordinary ability within a respected field in the arts, sciences, athletics, education or business. L-1 and O-1 temporary visa holders often apply for EB-1 green cards after deciding that they want to remain in the United States permanently.
– EB-2 for exceptional ability green card services — May be obtained by professionals with advanced degrees or those with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, athletics, education or business. The qualifications bar is set lower for applicants seeking an EB-2 compared to an EB-1, but EB-2 applicants typically need to be employer-sponsored unless the applicant can demonstrate that his or her job is in the national interest of the United States.
– EB-3 for skilled and unskilled employee green cards — May be obtained by individuals with an undergraduate degree or who can show two years of experience as a professional.
- EB-4 visas — May be obtained by members of special classes of people, but most often are associated with religious workers.
– EB-5 for investor green cards — May be obtained by individuals who are investing in a business that is beneficial to the U.S. economy. There are qualifications regarding a minimum investment amount and how many jobs must be created.
We emphasize on clear communication and a personal approach. Our clients work directly with an attorney from the initial consultation through the resolution of the case. We are quick to respond to client needs, available to answer your questions and intent on keeping you informed of the status of your case.
Few areas of law impact the long-term future of individuals and businesses as much as immigration law. The attorneys at C.T. Lee & Associates understand this, which is why we carefully analyze every client’s needs before developing a strategy that is designed to achieve each client’s goals as effectively and cost-efficiently as possible. See below for our list of services within immigration.
BUSINESS AND EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRATION – L-1 VISAS – O-1 VISAS – H-1B VISAS – EB-1 EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY GREEN CARDS – EB-2 EXCEPTIONAL ABILITY GREEN CARDS – EB-3 SKILLED AND UNSKILLED GREEN CARDS – EB-5 INVESTOR/EMPLOYMENT CREATION VISA – E VISAS (TRADER, INVESTOR, SPECIALITY OCCUPATIONS) – FAMILY-BASED IMMIGRATION – GREEN CARDS – VISITORS AND STUDENTS – P-1 & P-4 VISAS – U VISA – SPECIAL IMMIGRANT JUVENILE STATUS